1/9/08

More sneaky peeks...

These tags are ready for their trip into NYC tomorrow, when I take them to their new home, Tinsel Trading Company, just in time for Valentine's Day.We'll be making these at my upcoming workshop.  I used one of my favorite Savvy Stamps for the great words, "bee mine".  I showed Martha how to make these on her show last February, but we'll be using silver glass glitter and red card stock, too. Oh, how I love bumblebees!

We're also making trinket/candy boxes.  I have glittered and papered these boxes inside and out and they are now ready for some fantastic TT trims. I love that part, the embellishing...Yes, I live for glitter, but rummaging thru TT's fantastic array of embellishments is more fun than...than...just about anything I can think of!  Don't know yet what I'll find, but I know it will be wonderful. I think a great big flower will look swell on top, and of course, I'll glitter it.  And I'll probably add a bumblebee on a wire on top, who will keep watch over the box's precious cargo.
If you'd like to do this yourself,  just sign up here for the workshop on Feb 9th.  I guarantee you'll have a glittery blast!

Suh-weeeeet!

11 comments:

Sugar Bear said...

I LOVE the tags and boxes. Oh how I wish I could be at TT for this one. Did you make the box itself or is it prefab? I was looking for a heart shaped box to embellish and I'm not finding much. I found a nice one in the Martha Stewart line at Michael's but it was $20! I bit to rich for my blood though I know we have to support our girl (she gets lots of my $ in other forms of craft supplies and magazines!).
Hugs,
Karla

Jessi Nagy said...

these are just darling, you are such a cutie,
i just went and watched ALL your martha videos!
how fun.
you are very sparkly!!!
jessi

Alison Gibbs said...

How gorgeous your boxes and tags are.
Alison

Kristen Robinson said...

oh what divine boxes and bees and how wonderful they will look at TTC.
XOX
Kristen

Roxie Morrow said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and love it!!! Your little heart boxes are just so cute, what wonderful and fun projects you have.

Rosemary said...

Your tags are beautiful!!
I found you through my friend Michelle's blog.
I think you would like to see my boxes I have been working on. It's very funny, because I hadn't seen yours before. Check my blog sometime.
Rosemary

Rosemary said...

Hi Laurie,
Thanks for visiting my blog, and for the nice comments. I am going to add you to my great blogs to visit list, if that's OK with you.
Thanks,
Rosemary

charlotte said...

o, how cute are these! let's swap classes...xoC

Elle Jay Bee said...

Hi Laurie!
Just got caught up with your blog...I'm a bit behind, too. Sorry that thingie I wanted to do with you didn't materialize, but I was getting to the point with my blog that it was encroaching on my family time, and I wasn't about to let that happen at Christmas time!

I would love to gear something up for Easter, I will email you later with the particulars. I sooo love those heavenly valentines...it has never been my holiday, but a tree done up with glittered valentines actually intrigues me...

Yes, you have had an incredibly successful year, and you have worked hard doing so. I am so excited about your book and would love to help spread the word when it comes out! Reserve me a copy!!

Happy New Year to you and your family!
Linda
xoxo

Sam I Am said...

What a YUMMY Blog!!!! How Pretty and FUN :)
Will have to check back in more often.. this is a very cheery place :)
hugs..
sandy

ReminisceHeirlooms said...

I am drooling over these precious tags! Gorgeous blog. :)