1/7/08

Forgot to show you these babies...

I was really into reindeer this past holiday season, and glittered quite a few for use as ornaments like these.  I covered them in vintage silver glass glitter, put some vintage style tinsel garland around their necks and strung 'em up on green silk ribbon.  Believe it or not, I got the statuettes in NY at a fancy schmancy store and paid waaaaaay too much for them, but I just loved their poses.  They seem to float thru the air! I forgot to post pix of them in December...oops!...Next year I will have small vintage hanging and standing reindeer which I will also glitter with silver glass.  I just love how they sparkle...and the old ones have such wonderful delicate shapes. Maybe if I start tomorrow, I'll have 'em ready by next Christmas!  Not!

5 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

gorgeous!!!

Sugar Bear said...

They are beautiful Laurie! Did you have to attach something to string the ribbon from?
Karla

designsbynana said...

Lovelly dawling!!!lovelly!!I bet your Christmas tree was Gorgeous.

Bristol said...

Love those, very pretty. Enjoyed visiting your blog.
Bristol

suzi finer said...

oh deer; they're fabulous!
love.