1/7/08

Forgot to show you these babies...

I was really into reindeer this past holiday season, and glittered quite a few for use as ornaments like these.  I covered them in vintage silver glass glitter, put some vintage style tinsel garland around their necks and strung 'em up on green silk ribbon.  Believe it or not, I got the statuettes in NY at a fancy schmancy store and paid waaaaaay too much for them, but I just loved their poses.  They seem to float thru the air! I forgot to post pix of them in December...oops!...Next year I will have small vintage hanging and standing reindeer which I will also glitter with silver glass.  I just love how they sparkle...and the old ones have such wonderful delicate shapes. Maybe if I start tomorrow, I'll have 'em ready by next Christmas!  Not!

7 comments:

Scrappy Jessi said...

gorgeous!!!

Sugar Bear said...

They are beautiful Laurie! Did you have to attach something to string the ribbon from?
Karla

Storybook Woods said...

Oh I just love them. You know how I love glittered deers. Clarice

designsbynana said...

Lovelly dawling!!!lovelly!!I bet your Christmas tree was Gorgeous.

Bristol said...

Love those, very pretty. Enjoyed visiting your blog.
Bristol

suzi finer said...

oh deer; they're fabulous!
love.

Lynda said...

Good post.