5/15/07

On a scale of 1 to 10, today is a 20 !!!!!




I am soooo glad I decided to take a lunch break today. The lilacs are at their absolute peak, the wisteria is bursting its britches and it is one of those "great-to-be-alive-days". As I stroll thru my yard, I can't help but realize how incredibly lucky I am to be surrounded by such beauty. I intend to drink it all in...











Lunch was reasonably satisfying. I devoured a nice, sensible turkey sandwich and a glass of milk. Then, just when I thought it couldn't get any better, I remembered a dark secret lurking in my freezer. A David Glass "Ultimate Chocolate Truffle Cake" was screaming to me, pulling me into its velvety web. For one, fleeting moment, I thought of my wonderful Weight Watcher's Leader, and how she would have advised me to redirect myself, reign myself in, and forget the cake demon. I, of course, put away a sizeable hunk along with another sensible glass of milk. It just doesn't get any better than this...



Days like this must be etched in one's mind...this peak of perfection might not come again for at least a year. Not too hot, not too cool, no bugs...and chocolate...heaven in my garden.

And this is one scene that CANNOT be improved upon by adding glitter!

Hope you can stroll thru your garden, whether in the flesh, looking out a window or just in your mind!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I came here from Jennifer's Sis Boom blog! I love lilacs! Any day the lilacs are in full bloom it sure is a 20! All your glitter projects are great, I need to go watch your video (on-w/ Martha).

Marilyn in NM said...

Your blooms are beautiful! I worked in my yard all day yesterday and what a sense of accomplishment and pride when it's mowed, watered and bursting with blooms! You hit the nail on the head when you said "Days like this must be etched in one's mind..."

I love your blog and all your glitter! I'm glad I found it!